Tread Lightly! is seeking an interested and qualified individual to fill the following new position within the organization.
Membership Development Manager
Tread Lightly!® is a national nonprofit organization with a mission to promote responsible outdoor recreation through ethics education and stewardship, with a focus on the Off Highway Vehicle (OHV) and Sportsmen’s communities.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: This position is responsible for contributing to the development and implementation Tread Lightly! membership maintenance and recruitment. The focus of this position being on membership services, growth, retention, and campaign effectiveness. This position will work closely with the Executive Director and Director of Planning and Program Development to ensure effective program strategies. The position will also be responsible for recruiting and supervising support of membership services staff.
- To provide regular departmental progress meetings and circulate progress reports on activity against targets e.g. growth projections, campaign effectiveness, response timescales for membership inquiries, etc.
- To contribute to the membership development plan and review with the Executive Director and Director of Planning on all departmental activity including:
- Member recruitment and retention campaigns
- Interpretation of membership recruitment and retention statistics and the review of member research and to make recommendations for improvements in efficiency and success
- The sale and delivery of organization services to non-members
- To manage member communications including responding to member queries and the production and inventory of membership and marketing material e.g. letters, newsletters, e-bulletins and brochures
- To manage member recognition and renewal programs
- To oversee the maintenance of accurate membership records and marketing databases
- To manage affiliate activity and relationships with licensing partnerships
- To maintain budgetary control for projects relating to membership
- To manage operational staff and work with Tread Lightly! team in accomplishing objectives
- To update the Executive Director on the progress of activities
- To lead the work of membership services to ensure an efficient and effective operation
- To monitor and present reports on departmental spend, income and membership levels
- To develop and direct general marketing campaigns to promote Tread Lightly!’s mission and purpose and ensure these are coordinated with recruitment and retention activity
- Maintain a high level of departmental motivation
- To contribute to the development of Tread Lightly!’s strategic plan
- The collection and interpretation of member and non-member intelligence, including member needs, the member benefit package, partner criteria and the desired member deliverables using membership surveys or other evaluation strategies
- To process and manage organizational deposits and accounts
TRAINING & EXPERIENCE DESIRED (equivalent combination acceptable): Bachelor’s Degree and interest in outdoor recreation and ethics education is highly desirable. Microsoft Word, Access, and Excel required and inventory management preferred. The position requires strong oral, written, interpersonal and communications skills; strong computer skills including website management; establishing priorities and organizing work; and ability to work independently with general instructions as well as supervising staff support.
Tread Lightly! is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion or disability in employment or the provision of services.
ANNUAL SALARY: Salary range $28,000 – $35,000. Actual salary based on qualifications.
JOB LOCATION: Salt Lake City, Utah
TO APPLY: Send resumes and letter of interest to email@example.com by Friday, May 25th, 5:00pm MST.